But I struggled to make it my own. I struggled to believe that the promises were for me too. Which is kinda insulting to God if you really think about it. But I wrestled with it. I fought with it.
All during this season, I continued to read the bible. I read it to find answers. I read it because I was drawn to it. And I started noticing little changes in my heart. A desire to be a better person.
Then it happened just last week. I was reading a particular scripture and going through the SOAP method of bible reading. The particular verse that grabbed my attention was about God's promises. When I got to the application portion of the method, the question popped up about God's promises. And for the first time ever, I was able to respond that I don't doubt his promises for my life anymore. I believe that His promises apply to me. That I can relax in the knowledge that He has me.
And it's so completely freeing!
No comments:
Post a Comment