Thursday, July 16, 2009

whirlwind

It was a whirlwind of a vacation. The anticipation of the trip was a lot of handle Thursday morning, sitting at my desk. But the morning eventually flew by and before I knew it I was on my way to the airport! California here I come!

I landed a little bit before midnight. Drugged up from the dramimine (yes, motion sickness is my friend!) and a little tired. Hit the couch and slept till 5. East coast body in west coast time. But we hit the ground running that morning. A few pit stops and then we were off to Women of Faith.

Heard some great speakers Friday morning. Haven't quite processed everything I heard yet but it's all rumbling up in my brain! Break on Friday afternoon, led to a walk to find some good food. Back to the arena for part 2. I was a little tired and MAY have fallen asleep a time or 2.. but was quite awake for a run through downtown San Jose! It was time to catch the VTA to make our way back home! Saturday back to the arena for more teaching and worship. I've decided I want to be like Patsy Clairmont when I grow up :)

Dinner at PF Changs. Or as we like to call it: Puff Nasty. A little food poisoning to slow us down Sunday. An early morning foreign film, trip to the hot tub, and a tour of Mr. Smart Guy's work place. Throw a trip to the dog park in there at some point!

Monday morning rolls around. What we need is a trip to San Francisco and a use of all public transportation means is in order. With a hiccup or 2 we make it to the city! We are now official VTA'ers and CalTrain riders ;) A walk through the city is good.. except it got hot. Really hot. Catch a bus to Union Square. Must buy shorts.

Shorts bought and changed into. Much better! Now its time for Chinatown! We like chinese food. Um, maybe authentic chinese food and "american" chinese food are different. Lesson learned (the hard way!) Smell of fish everywhere we turn. Ok, time to leave chinatown.

Fisherman's wharf can't be that far away! Head to the water. Beautiful to see the fog roll off the bridge. A little shopping and a little snack. Time for the train station... but this time we take a taxi! Grab some dinner and a little Mall Cop. Peanut Blart and Jelly.. what what what's up?!

Tuesday morning sleep in! Yay, body has adjusted to west coast time. Wait, it's the day I go home. Another trip to the dog park. A few errands and a lunch. But wait, can we squeeze in Santa Cruz?! Sure we can! Bathing suits on, dogs in tow - off to the dog beach we go! Um, do we know where the dog beach is?! And wait, why is no one else wearing a bathing suit?! OMG, it's cold! Walk a little, take a photo or 2 and hop back in the car!


Shower, pack, eat. Time to catch my flight back home! Hop in the car, another flight.. finally back home before I knew it. A great trip, with great friends, and a great dog or 2 thrown in the mix!


2 comments:

~ Denise ~ said...

I'm out of breath just reading about it! lol I knew we were having fun but I don't think I would have recognized the pace of it until you wrote it out. Thanks for wearing me out....yet again! lol Miss ya already. ;(

20-something said...

i didn't realize how fast we were going either.. until i laid on the couch after i got home ;)

missin' ya too.