Sacrifice.
Service.
I've thought a lot about these two words the last few weeks. I've seen firsthand what sacrifice looks like. I've experienced what it means to have servant's heart. I'm beginning to see that to really serve you have to sacrifice. Whether it's your time, money, gifts, really anything.
I've seen lots of different types of sacrifices the past few weeks. Sacrifices of a mom, a wife, a daughter, a son, and the list could go on.
I've never really been good at the sacrifice thing. Even though my desire is to have a servant's heart it doesn't come naturally. It's something I have to work hard on. It's something I have to practice.
And I've learned something as I've had the opportunity to serve. When I serve, it's not about me. When I serve, I see God do really cool things. When I serve, I am lighter and happier.
I started serving, not to get anything out of it, however in the process I've gained a lot of unexpected wisdom about what a servan'ts heart really is.
1 comment:
ah, but what you forgot to mention is that when you looked in the mirror you saw the sacrifice of a friend....your sacrifice to me. Thanks a bunch for your sacrifice - it is not unnoticed by me or the Lord. ;)
Post a Comment