Saturday, January 3, 2009

in the game

Life is precious. Life is short. And I've spent a lot of time complaining about it. I've spent a lot of time on the sidelines. I've been a lot of time talking about the things I want to do instead of really doing them. Well no more.

My one and only resolution for 2009 is to enjoy life. To get involved. To start doing some of the things I've only talked about. Spend more time with friends. Get to know my family better. Get involved. Volunteer. My friend's death is teaching me that life should be lived. Not from the sidelines but in the game. Full force. Take the good with the bad. Don't let the bad stop you. Learn from it, grieve it but eventually move past it.

Because God's in control. He's got me. And He wouldn't take me anywhere He wouldn't go.

So I'm off to enjoy life today!

No comments: