Thursday, January 8, 2009

change

nothing stays still. everything is always changing. growing. stretching. you can either get on board with it and expand yourself or you can complain.

At work several times I have made remarks about how I wouldn't want one particular job. The job is demanding. Challenging. Full of responisiblity. I started off working as a semi-assistant to this particular job holder. Everyone frequently commenting on how I had made my earlier remarks. But I really didn't mind because I liked what I did. A lot of learning. A lot of growth. A lot of being out of my comfort zone because I had no stinkin idea what I was doing. I slowly and I mean slowly got comfortable in my new position.

Fast forward to today.

Yesterday I was informed that our team was having a meeting to discuss some new roles. Well I figured it had nothing to do with me and everything to do about the rumors I had heard about this other fellow I work with. Well I was right one on part... we did talk about his new position... but we talked about mine too.

This morning I was caught in the mailroom with one of my managers. She looked at me and reminded me of my comments that I didn't want that particular job. I thought about it for a second. Looked at her and said, "You know I don't mind anymore. I like it. I think it's a good fit." Ha, if I had just known what was to come. She looked at me sweetly and smiled.

I'm the first one in the meeting which is typical with my team, they are always running late. In walks one of the team leads. He hands me a piece of paper with our new roles and walks back out. I begin to read the names and desciptions. I get down to mine.

LeAnne: Securities Processing/Specialist

what?! Essentially, I am moving into a new role where I will now be the person full time in charge of the securities department. My manager looks at me and smiles sweetly and responds with.. "I think its a good fit." I just laugh.

It's a little scary taking on a new role. I'm excited to learn. I'm excited to see what this means and where it could take me. I'll get more training, maybe take a course or 2, even possibly become licensed.

When I look back at first starting at my company, I can see God's hand in it. I can see how this is where I am suppose to be for this season of my life. That's a comforting thought. God does know better after all :)

No comments: