Is it really that simple? Is it really that easy? I think I make it too hard. Ok, so I know I make it harder than it is. I try every avenue except the one I know I should go down. I fight. I argue. I pout. I whine. I cry. I get mad. And then I start the whole process over. I thought I had to have it all together. I thought I need to work on some stuff before I came. I couldn't make the decision because I wanted to not make a mistake. I wanted to be... perfect.
And then I was reminded...
I can come as I am. I don't have to be perfect. In fact I'll never be perfect. I can make mistakes. God's love isn't going to go away because I'm not perfect. His acceptance will be there even when I make mistakes.
Every experience does not have to be an emotion filled experience. I can have a real authentic experience without it being so entangled with emotion.
Tonight I entered a simple worship experience. I entered with an awareness that I have never have to be perfect. I don't have to manufacture anything. I kept wondering if it was really easy. If it was really that simple to make a choice. Didn't it have to be some big production?
A song about freedom started and it was like God was saying to me.. freedom is yours, you just have to choose. Choose and we'll do it together. Choose and walk with me. I've never felt so light. I've never felt so free!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a really simplistic, authentic experience. Nice! ;)
Post a Comment