ever had the kind of dream that haunts you? not the scary i'm going to get you haunt but the oh my gosh, what did that mean kinda haunt. a haunt that keeps you up for hours, if not days. you want to sleep but everytime you lay down to sleep, your eyes pop wide open and your mind follows suit.
this dream i had on saturday night won't leave me alone. it hit some kind of nerve deep within my soul. some place where only God is allowed to venture. i don't know what to do with it. i'm not sure i believed God would speak to me when i asked Him to show me something. and i think thats why it's haunting me so deeply. because on some level, i think i know what the dream may have meant. and it scares me. big time.
does God speak through dreams? or because of the stress at work, it was just my imagination working overtime? should you give any second thoughts to what happens while you're sleeping? thoughts, anyone?
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The answer is: both!
Ecclesiastes 5:3 says: For a dream cometh through the multitude of business . . .
That means that yes, the day can contribute to the night visions. Yet! The Lord also speaks through dreams! The Bible is full of these examples. Here is just one pertinent Scripture:
Acts 2:17: And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
I am at the stage where I can usually distinguish when a dream has come fromt he Lord, or just my day. However, I *do* keep a journal, and write down the dreams that seem significant, or slightly so. Many, many times, I've been able to go back and see that the Lord was speaking to me, and that things He had said had, or were playing out in my life.
I call it all cool! :)
I agree with Angi wholeheartedly! ;) Some examples of people in the Bible dreaming dreams are Joseph (remember him telling his brothers he was gonna rule over them?), God appeared to Solomon in a dream and they had a conversation about a wise and discerning heart, and then there was Pilate's wife who "suffered" in a dream regarding Jesus. I'm sure there's a lot more examples...
What do you think about dreams?
Post a Comment