So I realized the other day that I haven't updated in quite some time. My world is spinning around me and I'm holding on for dear life.
In the past 4 months I have decided to radically change some things about my life. For starters, I left my job. For various reasons, the position was no longer where I needed to be. I spent the reminder of my semester focused on school work and graduating. Which I did. Quite Successfully I might add.
I very much enjoyed my time off from work. It was a much needed break to rest and refocus. Its funny now that that time is over, I realized how much of it I wasted. I'm learning a lot about being a steward of your time and what that really looks like.
I began looking for work. I found out how difficult it is to find a job. And how much I don't really know what I want to do. I don't like the whole job search process. It's frustrating. My resume got into the hands of my friend, Ken, who works at a christian run financial planning company. I am now the full time temporary front desk/receptionist. I don't plan being in this position long and in fact at the interview I told them I didn't want the job. Ha. And they still hired me. I told them I wasn't interested in this long term but I would be willing to help fill the need while they continued to search for the right candidate.
There are possibilities to move over to another area in this company. There is a non profit run through this business called Effective Ministries. There is a possible position for me there to began to take over some of the administrative side of that ministry. so we will see.
About 4 months ago, I left my church that I had been in for my entire life. It wasn't an easy decision but most of these grown up decisions aren't or so i'm finding out. I began to look at different churches but what I found I needed to do was to figure out what I wanted in a church. And visit churches looking through those glasses. It was an interesting experience. What I learned the most out of this experience is respect for the way people worship. Not everyone has to worship the way I do and thats ok.
In the matter of a few weeks, I've landed a job, found a church I'm pretty interested in, and have begun to look at things a little different.
Life is good.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment