i love the little blessings God gives when we aren't expecting it.

This little guy was born November 13, 2006. I didn't know what to expect when he was born. I don't think I let myself think about it. You see, I was angry. Not at him, or his parents, but at the circumstances. So of course, something I have no control over :)
It took one glance at him to fall in love:

I was hooked. I couldn't get enough of him. The weekend after he was born, I drove down to stay with my brother and sister in law to help out. Of course I don't wake up in the middle of the night for anything, including a screaming baby.. (or so we found out)! He was a blessing. Good things come out of sticky situations. Hearts can melt in an instant.
This little guy proved to be a bridge between relationships. How could he not with a face like this: 

I don't get to see him as much as I want. When he comes here its grandparent city, they go nuts. And to be honest, I'm not around the house too much so he doesn't recognize me when he comes in the house. But last time he was here I actually got to babysit him. No parents, no grandparents. Just me and the little one. He screamed the whole time. Auntie La was not so thrilled with this arrangement.
But tonight for the first time ever, he ran straight to me. We played and played. We opened and closed doors (his favorite game to play in the house). He pulled open all my drawers and shut them. Everytime I got out of my seat he would scramble to get there before I got back. I had a blast with him. And I was reminded of unexpected blessings. How you never know when they are coming or how they are coming. And that is what makes them so great.

Have I mentioned I love this kid?
No comments:
Post a Comment