Sunday, May 18, 2008

accomplished

Yesterday was the biggest day of my life as of yet. I have never worked so hard to accomplish one goal. To graduate. I feel accomplished.


As I was standing at the graduation ceremony and the National Anthem began, I was overtaken with emotion. As the tears whelled up in my eyes and began to roll down my cheeks, I was amazed. Amazed that I made it. I was overtaken with gratitude. Toward my parents. For supporting me. Loving me. Praying me through. Toward Jesus. Because without him I wouldn't have made it through. He walked beside me, in front of me, and sometimes carried me through. I was grateful for the opportunity I was given to further my education. It was an amazing moment for me.

The day continued on.


Some of the most important people in my life showed up at my house for a celebration. Once again, I was amazed. Amazed at the love and support from those closest to me. I was reminded of the importance of relationship. As the night concluded, I realized that I am truly blessed.

I set out to do something, and I did it! Accomplishment is a wonderful thing!



No comments: