Tuesday, April 29, 2008

You never let go

As I was driving home from school tonight, the David Crowder song "You Never Let Go" came on. I start humming and singing along to these lyrics:

Oh, what love, oh what love,
Oh, what love, oh what love,
In Joy and pain
In sun and rain
You're the same
Oh, You never let go

Ever faithful
Ever true
You I know
You never let go
You never let go
You never let go
You never let go

I'm not really paying attention to the lyrics, just singing along what I know. I'm not really paying attention to anything around me. I'm lost in thought. And all of a sudden it hits me. "You never let go." I can't get that line out of my head. I've been struggling a lot lately with really connecting with God. With really feeling that he is a part of my life. I'm doing what I know to do to find the reconnection point with him. But I've just felt disconnected. So far away from him.

I've been in a whirlwind lately. Feeling not in control of anything in life. I've felt like God's let go. I have so many unanswered questions. So tonight, He met me. In my car on the way home from a long afternoon of school. He came into my car, into my heart to remind me, "I'll never let you go LeAnne." He once again met me exactly when I needed it most. When I thought I couldn't go another step, he stepped in. He remains incredibly faithful to this wandering heart.

No comments: