I turned 23 this week. I used to have so many goals and plans for myself by the time I reached this age. I've only hit one of them. Finishing school. I've had a lot of time to look back and think about how I've got to where I am. And you know what I've found.
I wouldn't change a thing. Every trial, every triumph. They've made me who I am. And I like who I've become. I'm strong, independent, slightly emotional (ha) and loving life. I've always considered my years from birthday to birthday not from January to December. This year has been the one with the most growth. The most change. I don't know the girl from last year anymore.
Do you ever get the question, do you feel older, on your birthday? Like because the clock turns and its a new day, you should feel older. I never understood that. But this year I do. Maybe it's because of all the change going on but maybe because I'm actually growing up. I get lots of conflicting ideas about becoming a grown up.
But I've decided I like it. I'm ready to embrace it and all that comes with it. Time to set some new, attainable goals for the future ahead of me!
Here I come World!
No comments:
Post a Comment