Monday, March 24, 2008

becoming a night owl

I've recently quit my job to focus on my last remaining weeks as a college student. As a result of not having to rise before the sun anymore (I was up at 5:45 on workdays!) I am finding that I am up later and later every evening. I didn't earn the nickname Grandma because I'm usually a night owl! ha.

So I find myself trying all sorts of random things to make myself sleepy. Like playing on facebook or writing blogs. Reading. Watching a movie. Laying in bed willing myself to sleep. None of them work.. image that! Oh well.

Today I had to pick up my cap and gown for graduation. It made this leaving college and entering the world real to me. Kinda scary. I'm excited about it. No more studying. No more pyscho group projects. But... I don't have any plans come May 19. I've been applying for jobs but something is going on inside of me. God is up to something. I have complete peace about the future if I don't start thinking about how to take care of everything. I start to panic when I take over. But when I give God the reins, everything is peaceful. At rest. I know God's given this time to me to catch my breath. I've been running non stop for too long and I'm suppose to relax and enjoy this time. I'm learning.

God's got me and I'm suppose to wait.. no other better place to be than right where I am.

No comments: