My experience in the halfway house has been amazing. I've been given room to grow and I've become more responsible. More aware of how my actions effect others. I've seen how relationships are suppose to work. I've seen the sacrifices of a parent, the sacrifice of a spouse. I've witnessed first hand the work it takes to maintain healthy relationships. I've also seen first hand how to effectively solve problems and have difficult conversations.
I've also seen firsthand the joys (if you will) of home ownership. I was pretty oblivious to it all while living under my parents roof. I know what it takes to get a house ready for market now. And I hate it. (Renting sounds good to me!)
My life seems to be constantly changing right now and because of that my time at the halfway house is almost over. The house has sold! And we are moving into a rental. I'm excited about the change. Over the top excited that the house sold! But there's a little part of me that is sad though. The halfway house has shaped me. And while the next place is still a halfway house of sorts, it's not going to be the same. Not bad or worse. Just different.
And so the journey continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment