Tuesday, April 21, 2009

24

I've walked the earth for 24 years today. About 8PM, 24 years ago my mom went into labor with me. I was exactly 3 weeks late. I wasn't so sure I was ready to join the world so I stayed in for a few extra days. There are days I'm still not sure I am ready to join the world.

A lot happened for me between 23 and 24, I realized today. 365 days of change, transition and growth. I look back and I am incredibly thankful for all of it. All the hard stuff. All the fun stuff. All the grown up lessons learned the hard way. All the tears. All the laughter. All the hard conversations. Because all of that stuff has made me the person I am today.

I'm a lot stronger than a year ago. I'm more confident. I have a better understanding of some relationships. I've seen real faith. I have a better grasp on the difference between religion and relationship. I'm not as terrified of change. I've learned to take care of some of my own problems instead of expecting someone else to do it.

23 wasn't an easy year but it was good year. And I'm looking forward to what 24 is going to bring.

No comments: