The past year and a half I've learned a lot about choice. I've finally mastered that I have a choice. A choice in my actions, thoughts, feelings.. you know.. all of it. And for the most part I am able to distinguish between what choices lay in front of me and which is the right one. The right one not always being the easiest one. The right one not always being the most fun. The right one sometimes leads to growing up.
But I've discovered something about choices. Choosing leads to responsibility. Responsibility leads to maturity. And these are lessons I'm trying to learn.
There are days that I don't want to make the right choice. I don't want to be the responsible one. Sometimes I don't feel old enough or mature enough. I struggle. Sometimes I feel a lot of pressure but I know most of it comes internally.
The fact is I am responsible. I always have been and will continue to be. It's who I am. And even though, I am struggling with it right now, I know that I will continue to make the choice to be responsible. Even when I don't want to. Even when it's inconvenient. Even when it means putting myself into a situation or circumstance I don't necessarily want to be in but know it's where I need to be.
Transitions are hard.
1 comment:
Why does the song pop into my head, "I'm a big girl now!" lol ;) love ya, chickie!
Post a Comment