This is the place where I've lived since I was 5. I don't think I've ever quite realized what this place means to me. Or how grateful I am to the people who raised me here. It's easy to look back and remember the not so good times but the past week, so many of the fun, good times have been brought to the fore front of my mind. I'm incredibly thankful for everything I learned here and the love I recieved from the people I lived with. 
The other thing I'm incredibly thankful for is these 2 people. Today was the first Thanksgiving that it was just me and them. I cooked the entire meal, turkey and all. (note to self: I hate raw meat, especially turkey!) It was a lot of fun cooking for them and I'm thankful for the opportunity to get to know them not just as my grandparents but as people. People who have a story to tell and love to share. Knowing that they don't have many thanksgivings left, time spent with them today isn't something I would trade for anything.I'm thankful for so many other things today but these two stand out in my mind. I'm thankful for good friends, a great family, and all the other blessings I've been given. So today, join me in giving thanks for all the great things we have to be thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment