Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer of Conferences

I had the opportunity to go to 2 different conferences this summer. A Woman of Faith in California and a DeeperStill in North Carolina. I've had some time to think about and reflect on what it is that I was suppose to take away from these conferences and this is what I learned this summer:

  • Don't live at the limits. Don't try to push the boundaries but look for what's best. Don't make excuses to not obey.
  • Strength comes when you wait on the Lord.
  • You can always change your circumstances if you make up your mind to do so.
  • When you aren't sure what to do, just do the next thing.
  • It's all in the attitude.
  • Don't look at the now, but look at eternity.
  • Live as a committed christian, not a casual christian.
  • Rest comes when you marry faith with the word. Rest is the activity of faith. Your ability to rest lies on your belief that you trust in someone who can handle your concerns.
  • It's a choice to turn your attention from what's ailing you and fix your eyes on Jesus.
  • Whether he chooses to do what you are asking is His business, believing He is able is our business.
  • If we believed God was God, we wouldn't try to control it all.
  • God can do anything above what I can think or even imagine. God goes beyond the beyond. God exceeds our expectations.
  • God's presence is fact in my life, not a feeling.
  • It's fellowship with Him that stirs the feelings of divine presence.

And this just skims this surface.

No comments: