Wednesday, April 15, 2009

one of those days..

Ever had one of those days? The rain is pouring. You miss your alarm clock so when you finally wake up, it's a panicked, oh my gosh, I have to get up. You jump out of the bed only to realize that your incredibly dizzy from the headache pounding in your head. Everything you touch turns to crap.

I get to work. Everyone needs something. And of course they needed it yesterday. I bounce from project to project. Not really completing any of them but attempting none the less.

I was then reminded of my favorite kid's book, Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

But then I realized something. I'm going to have bad days. Things aren't always going to go as planned. People will annoy me. Things will break. But at some point I just gotta mark it up as being human and move on. I have to keep my attitude in check and not take personally the things going on around me.

And at the end of the day I get to go home. I can slip my favorite sweat pants on, curl up on the couch with the pup, and get lost in a good book.

No comments: