So it's that time of year again... The year is winding down and I'm usually reminded to look back at the year. It's amazing that when I get to December, it feels like it went by so fast but while I'm actually living it.. It seems so slow. I did some things this year I didn't think I would ever accomplish. I learned some lessons.. the hard way.
I graduated from college. Something I never thought I would actually do. This time last year I was on track to be in college forever. But I did it.
I quit a job that I was stuck in. A job that I was so comfortable in that anything and everything else scared the poo right out of me. But I did it.
I left a church that I was also comfortable in. Maybe too comfortable. It was a hard decision. But I did it.
I moved out of my parents house. Something I've talked about for YEARS but never actually did anything about it. But I finally did it.
The thing I'm starting to realize is that I can do it. I can do things that I want to do. I don't have to be stuck in fear. Or in comfort. Or trapped by other people's expectations of my life. The more I step out of my comfort zone, the more exciting my life is. The more risk I take, the more exciting my life is. If I can remember this lesson and apply it to what's next, this journey will be pretty sweet.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment